Strata Management Act (“SMA”) 2013, Strata Management Regulation (Maintenance & Management) Regulation (“SMR”) 2015 and Strata Management (Strata Management Tribunal) Regulations 2015 came into force on June 2015. More than two years later, there are still many challenges and problems in its implementation due to many unforeseen issues, consequences and legal obligations.
This 1-day intensive seminar will deal with the many current issues and problems faced by developers, purchasers, management bodies, property managers and the COB in the implementation and compliance of the provisions of the Strata Management Act 2013. The speakers will discuss in-depth what is involved in maintenance and management of buildings and common property, problems and issues arising during developer’s management period and preliminary management period, the Strata Management Tribunal and its jurisdiction and powers.
The key topics that will be covered include:
- New Guidelines for Limited Common Property from JUPEM
- Overview of the Strata Management Act 2013 & the Regulations made thereunder
- Current issues and problems in the implementation of the Strata Management Act 2013 & the Regulations made thereunder
- Understanding what is involved in maintenance and management of building and common property
- Strata Management Tribunal
- Common questions and practical issued faced by Joint Management Body/ Management Corporation
Date: 8 March 2018
Venue: Concorde Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Registration Fee: RM800/pax (early-bird), RM900/pax
Bar Council CPD Points: 6 points
Brochure and Registration Form
To view the complete seminar programme and speakers profile, please download our brochure and registration form below:
Who Should Attend
- Joint Management Committee
- Office bearers of JMC and/or MC
- Management Committee
- Managing Agents
- Legal Practitioners
- In-house counsels
- Property Developers
- Property Managers
- Property Surveyors
- Valuers and Appraisers
- Local Authorities
- Vendors & Purchasers
How to register for this seminar?
Please download the brochure and submit to Legal Logic Asia.
DISCLAIMER: BurgieLaw is a professional legal services platform and does not provide any legal advice. All legal advice is provided by the lawyer or firm of the choice of the client and BurgieLaw does not recommend or give preference to any lawyers. BurgieLaw shall not be made liable for any legal advice made by the lawyer of the users.